Open Kilnforming Studio
Anyone who has taken a kilnforming class at Art Glass City may attend.
Thursday 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.; 1:30-4:30 p.m.
Saturday 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.; 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Call to set up other week day classes with Cheryl....214-488-9412
The basic rate is $150.00; 4 weeks or 4 projects that are no bigger than 12x12. This also includes up to 2 firings per project.
Additional: ThinFire $4.60
Location & Contact
Art Glass City
420 E Round Grove Rd #620
Lewisville, TX 75067
Bring your Bullseye glass to the studio or make your purchase in the retail side of the center. You will have access to tools and non-glass supplies. Be inspired by fellow Artist in the studio. A staff member will be present during these self-guided sessions.
• Make reservations for studio class time by calling 214-488-9412 or emailing email@example.com. This is to also check availablity.
• Bring your own Bullseye glass. No glass will be provided.
• Basic tools, GlasTac and glass cleaner will be available.
• A staff member must be present during Open Studio.
• Kilns must be programmed by a staff member (or under a staff member’s supervision).
• Projects must be composed entirely of Bullseye glass—including accessory glass like dichroics, frit, stringer, etc.
Items like metal foils, nichrome wire or other materials deemed appropriate by the staff member in charge may be used.
• When designing your pieces, factor in our shelf dimensions (you will need to pick out shelf and messure) Then minus off
1/2” distance between your piece and the shelf edge, in all directions.
• Choose slumping molds before designing your pieces. Molds may be fired together with others to fill a complete kiln, if the firing schedules are similar. Note: Dimensions listed in the catalog for slumping molds are for the mold at its largest points and are not intended as glass-cutting measurements.
• Since studio storage space is limited, you may not leave small pieces of Bullseye Glass or tools in the studio, and you must pick up your fired pieces in a timely fashion. Once you leave the Class you must take your glass with you.
• With notice it is possible to arrange to bring in projects for firing outside of Open Studio. Call or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. You will have limited workspace and 30 minutes to assemble your piece.
• Art Glass City will not be held responsible for damage to items left on the premises or projects that fail due to customer negligence or error.